Wednesday, September 14, 2005

2 Advantages Of Being Under Cover

Ever felt like not submitting to spiritual authority above you?

Check out these two benefits:

1. Acknowledging God's Sovereignty Over Me

By coming under the leadership God has assigned for me, I recognise that God knows better than me. Sometimes, I think I know better, but that is a path too familiar with fools. God never promised me with leaders who will meet up to MY expectations, and I have to be careful to not think that MY expectations are the best for me.

2. Pride-grinding At Its Finest

"Consider others better than yourself" - When I feel superior to my contemporary, pride is fostered within my soul. When I feel superior to my leader, I find myself in a similar mindset which Lucifer once possessed. Obedience is precisely so called, because, to do something which I would do in the absence of an order, do not require obedience. I crush that looming hint of self-centredness within me when I obey God's authourity over me. Like Theologian Stephen Tong would say, "合理的是训练,不合理的是磨练"。And I find myself learning how to grind my pride and ego - the very things which can pave the path for me to hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home