Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mind Over Heart

When I don't feel like reading the Bible,
When I don't feel like reaching out to friends who need to know the love of Jesus,
When I don't feel God is near me,


It is time for me to stop letting my heart rule my entire being
by what I "feel",

It is time to let my mind tell my heart what to do.

My mind will direct my heart.
Because my heart can be so prone to fail to detect what is REALLY the best for me.

But...

Would that mean...that I am being dishonest to myself?
Would that mean...that I am not being true to my feelings?

No.
Because,
What good is it to me, if I am so "honest" and "true" to my feelings,
But, yet I lose grip of the best thing about life: God?

I do know one thing,



It never was about me, to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home